- General information and contact details
- Visitors to our website
- Contacting us
- Who will we share your personal data with and why?
- Marketing and use of your personal data
- How long do we retain your personal data for and why?
- Transfers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Data security
- Your rights under the GDPR
- Your right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority
GBG have offices in 22 locations, and our registered head office is located within the United Kingdom.
GB Group Plc
Chester Business Park
Company Registration Number: 02415211.
If you have any questions about how your personal data is used by GBG, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at DPO@gbgplc.com or call 01244 657277.
What personal data do GBG collect and why?
Each time you access content on the site, data becomes temporarily stored that may allow identification. The following data is collected by our website:
- Date, time and location of access
- IP address and web logs
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Website from which the website was accessed
- Websites that are accessed through the website
- Visited page(s) on our website
- Information about the browser type and version used
- Device operating system
We use Google Analytics to measure how users interact with our website in order to understand which parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. We use this information to improve our website. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by it. You can learn more about Google Analytics here.
Purpose and legal basis for processing
We collect this information to help us improve the experience of our website, maintain the security and integrity of the website, and identify any technical errors requiring attention. We rely on legitimate interests as our lawful basis for processing under Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), subject to a balancing test to ensure our interests are not overridden by yours.
If you contact us via our Request Product Details, Submit Quotation Request or Receive our Brochure and Pricing forms, we will collect the personal data marked as mandatory in each form as well as any other data you provide in the body of the message. Data collected via these forms is securely sent to our sales teams using the latest monitoring and protections.
When you contact us via the Customer Support form, Alerts form, or online chat, we will collect the personal data marked as mandatory in each form as well as any other data you provide in the body of the message, and this will be sent to our Helpdesk Team so they can handle your query.
Purpose and legal basis for processing
We require the personal data provided to us via our website forms or online chat to process your request and reply to any queries we receive. This equally helps us to enhance the services we provide, which we believe also benefits our customers. The legal basis we rely on to process your personal data is Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, which allows us to process personal data for our legitimate interests subject to a balancing test to ensure our interests are not overridden by yours.
The following third party service partners act on behalf of GBG as our data processors:
HubSpot Inc.: provides GBG with a marketing automation solution, which delivers marketing emails on our behalf. We share the following personal data with HubSpot Inc:
- When you are browsing our website, HubSpot capture the anonymous IP address.
- At the point that you enter all of the required personal data relating to a free trial, demo, brochure request, or contact information for marketing, HubSpot will receive all of the personal data you provide via the website.
Learn more about Hubspot here.
Provide Support: provides our live chat function. Provide Support temporarily stores and processes technical data including IP address, location, browser and device information. This data is stored by Provide Support only for the purpose of the online chat functionality, and is automatically deleted when you leave the chat and website. Any information shared by you during the chat is also temporarily stored by Provide Support for the duration of the chat session only, with full chat transcripts removed from Provide Support system once the chat has concluded.
More information about Provide Support can be found here.
In order to improve the experience of our website, maintain the security and integrity of the website, or identify any technical errors, your personal data may be shared with a supplier, contractor, or entity belonging to GBG. Where this is the case, GBG can assure you that we will take all technical and organisational measures necessary to protect your personal data.
In some circumstances, we are legally obliged to share information. For example under a court order. In the event we are legally required to share information we will always ensure we have a lawful basis for this sharing and document our decision.
Where you have consented to receive marketing from GBG we will only market to you via the channel you have consented to (such as email, telephone etc.). As stated above, we use a third party service provider, HubSpot, to manage our email marketing solution.
When you receive an email from GBG it will include an unsubscribe link, which you can click on if you wish to unsubscribe from our marketing lists. We will then add your email address to our suppression list, which will ensure you do not receive any further marketing from GBG.
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
The length of time GBG keep information we’ve collected about you depends on the type of information provided and the legitimate interest we have to do so.
Where you have asked us to get in touch about a product or service, we will store your data until we no longer have a legitimate business purpose for keeping it, and in any event, for no longer than 6 months.
Where you have submitted a support or alert query we keep any correspondence for 12 months for audit purposes and to ensure we are able to respond to follow up queries.
Some of our support, such as handling Alert queries, is handled by our Helpdesk Team, which is based in Turkey. Any data transferred to our Turkish office is covered by controller-processor standard contractual clauses.
GBG take the protection and security of your personal data very seriously as required under the GDPR, the UK Data Protection Act 2018, and other applicable laws in England and Wales relating to the processing and security of personal data.
As an individual, you have rights under the GDPR regarding the use of your personal data, these are:
- The right to withdraw consent – when your data is being processed based on consent.
- The right to access your personal data – You have a right to know what personal data GBG hold on you and for what purpose we are processing your personal data. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR).
- The right to erasure – you can request that GBG remove your personal data from our systems.
- The right to restrict processing – you can request that GBG only process your personal data for the purposes you specify.
- The right to data portability – you can request that the personal data you have provided to GBG be ported to another organisation.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to processing if we processing your personal data based on our legitimate interests.
- The right to obtain information upon request on the balancing test we have carried out when determining we are able to rely on legitimate interest as our lawful basis for processing your personal data.
Please keep in mind that some of these rights are subject to an internal assessment that one of the grounds under the GDPR is satisfied.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing Digital.Marketing@gbgplc.com.
For all other requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Privacy & Data Compliance Team
GB Group Plc
Chester Business Park
You can also make a request in person or call 01244 657277.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. We have one calendar month to respond to you. If GBG are unable to comply with your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
Where you believe that GBG has not taken our responsibilities with your personal data seriously, you have the right to complain to the UK Supervisory Authority. Its details are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone numbers: 0303 123 113 or 01625 545 745.